Start date: 21 June 2019
Duration: 1 Day
The technical-administrative discipline of Configuration Management was developed in the post WWII era when technical system’s complexity increased. Driver for CM establishment were the US armed forces followed by NASA in the second half of the fifties. This 1-day short course provides a basic understanding of CM functions (Identification, Control, Status Accounting, and Verification), and how to plan and organize the CM function within an organization. The course will underline basic CM concepts (e.g. Configuration Item), principles and processes and how they fit into the overall project management and system engineering activities. How CM is driven by different customer approaches to the definition of system requirements (e.g. ESA, CNES, NASA), which have important cost/risk implications for the contractor/developer. Differences between Configuration Management and Data Management. Examples of main CM procedures will be presented and discussed.
Course Dates 2019
21st June 2019
€800 per participant for a stand-alone 1 day course ( Just this course booking).
€500 per participant for additional day as a follow on to the Quality Assurance course.
€400 per participant for Space Industry Skillnet members
- How to structure and document a system.
- How to control the evolution of such a system.
- How to enable the reporting of a certain configuration at a certain point of the product’s life-cycle.
- How to verify that a desired configuration state has been achieved.
Who is the course for
- Engineering manager and project engineers involved in spacecraft and launcher development and design.
- Engineers and project staff involved in production planning and control.
- Engineers and technicians responsible for verification of product compliance with documented requirements and design
- Configuration Identification
- Configuration Control
- Configuration Status Accounting
- Configuration Verification & Audit
- CM Planning and Organizing
- + CM of Digital Product Data
The International Association for the Advancement of Space Safety, is a non-profit organisation dedicated to furthering international cooperation and scientific advancement in the field of space systems safety.