Start date: 15 April 2019
Certificate: Certificate of Course Completion
IPC/WHMA-A-620 is the first industry consensus standard for cable and wire harness fabrication and installation. Classes of products are defined and include criteria for Target, Acceptable, Process Indicator and Defect conditions to support the collection of visual quality acceptability requirements for each class. These criteria are supported by full-colour illustrations. After your trainers are certified to this specification, they will be qualified to teach and certify individuals in the IPC/WHMA-A-620 standard.
Certified IPC Trainer candidates are referred by their employers to complete four days of training in the IPC/WHMA-A-620 standard. After completion of this course and upon passing the written assessments, Certified IPC Trainers are qualified to train and certify personnel in a modular IPC/WHMA-A-620 Certified IPC Specialist training program on the IPC standard.
Who is the course for
Anyone who is responsible for product quality and reliability would benefit from becoming a Certified IPC trainer. Trainers, QA, QC, engineering, supervisors or managers versed in cable and harness assembly make excellent candidates.
- Introduction/IPC Professional Policies and Procedures; Foreword and Applicable Documents; Cable/wire preparation; Measuring Cable Assemblies; Testing Cable Assemblies
- Crimp Terminations and Insulation Displacement Connections
- Soldered Connections
- Connecting and Moulding/Potting
- Terminal Connections
- Marking/Labelling; Wire Bundle Securing; Shielding; Protective Coverings
- Coaxial and Twinaxial Cable Assemblies
- Solderless Wire Wrap
ATEK Training Services Ltd.
ATEK Training Services Ltd is Ireland’s leading electronics manufacturing training service provider, with a reputation for providing first class training to the electronics industry.